Diagnostic criteria for adjustment disorder unspecified, 309.9
Define such kinds of adjustment disorder:
- Severe. if the illness lasts under six months
- Long-Term: if the disturbance remains for 6 months or longer.
Adjustment disorder is a short-term condition occurring when ill person has great difficulty fixing to, or contending with, an unique source of tension, including loss, a significant life change, or occasion.
The kind of tension that can provoke an adjustment disorder/anxiety reaction syndrome varies determined by the individual, but can contain:
- Termination of a relations or union
- Losing or changing occupation
- Death of parents,or loved one person
- Growing a serious sickness
- Having an injury
- Getting an important life change (marriage, baby, divorce)
- Living through a catastrophe